Sunday 13 September 2009

Where did my life go?

Actually, I don't ask myself where my life went... but I don't want to be in the situation 10 years from now asking myself that. We all go through phases of relative static. We get up in the morning, we go to work/school, we go to sleep and repeat that cycle over and over again. That's quite normal, we all do this from time to time and let's face it - it helps. It helps us regenerate, regain energy for the times where you get up in the morning and don't know where your life will lead you.

I've been in that "rut" for a few weeks now and I think it's over. I have made up my mind that I will try to get a job somewhere else and will start sending out my first application this week. It's a bit frightening, like submitting a personal ad ;)

Where will I be in a year's time? For the first time in quite a while I can honestly say "I have no idea". While the world may be my oyster, I don't really want the world. I want a job in Europe, preferably in Germany. Most of all, I want a job that I a) can be proud to do and b) love doing.

Enough of that. I still have loads to do at my old job and I have to get to it beginning tomorrow.

On another note, I love the fall TV programming so far. Supernatural, Glee, Vampire Diaries, True Blood ;) all great shows. And Ellen on American Idol? Might be the best thing happening to AI since Kelly Clarkson.

Last, but certainly not least: I really need to get myself a bf. Seriously now.

The lyrics of the day have a special place in my heart. Beauty of a song.

Lyrics of the day: If my heart was a house by Owl City

You're the sky that I fell through
And I remember the view
Whenever I'm holding you
The sun hung from a string
Looking down on the world as it warms over everything
Chills run down my spine
As our fingers entwine
And your sighs harmonize with mine
Unmistakably
I can still feel your heart beat fast when you dance with me
We got older and I should've known (Do you feel alive?)
That I'd feel colder when I walk alone (Oh, but you'll survive)
So I may as well ditch my dismay
Bombs away, bombs away

Circle me and the needle moves gracefully
Back and forth
If my heart was a compass you'd be north
Risk it all cause I'll catch you if you fall
Wherever you go
If my heart was a house you'd be home

It makes me smile because you said it best
I would clearly feel blessed if the sun rose up from the west
Flower balm perfume, all my clothes smell like you
Cause your favorite shade is navy blue
I walk slowly when I'm on my own (Do you feel alive?)
Yeah, but frankly I still feel alone (Oh, but you'll survive)
So I may as well ditch my dismay
Bombs away, bombs away

Circle me and the needle moves gracefully
Back and forth
If my heart was a compass you'd be north
Risk it all cause I'll catch you if you fall
Wherever you go
If my heart was a house you'd be home

If my heart was a house you'd be home

No comments: