Monday 1 September 2008

The road goes ever on and on...

I have always found it to be true that quality goes over quantity. This is especially valid for poetry and prose. What I mean is that it could very well be that there is only one aspect, paragraph or even one sentence in a book/poem that redeems it in my eyes. It has happened more than once that I could remember quotes from books I really did not like when I read them but the fact that there was something so profound to be found in them that it would stick with me for years - you have to give credit where credit is due.

Why am I telling you this? Well thank you for asking. This picture I took on a plateau near my home and it was a windy, cool day in summer and this path had a very eerie vibe about it. It made me think of an aspect in the book Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrel.
In this book the author describes the fairy roads that lead from many places in this world into the fairy realm and most of the time, the people who dare to travel them, get stuck there and are never heard of again. Well, this road reminded me of this (in my opinion quite unnecessary, tedious) book, but the fact that it stuck in my brains so deeply that random situations can bring it forth - maybe it wasn't such a bad book after all...

No comments: