Saturday 6 June 2009

Update? Sure thing.

Where to start... oh. I went to see Sunshine Cleaning today. I really liked it. It was hilarious in places, but overall very quiet and sad. Just like me :)

I have made a tumblr (again). I had a tumblr account about a year ago, but it has changed quite a bit and I like it. I don't know yet if I want to use it as my main blog. If so, I will tell all of you :)

nichisstuff.tumblr.com

I got to thinking the other day... the thing that annoys/angers/frightens me a lot (it's way up on my annoy list) is people who have a picture of themselves that's not correct.

People who think they are more intelligent than they actually are, are really annoying.

People who think they are more tolerant than they actually are, drive me up the walls. There are many people who would probably tell you that they are illuminated beings, tolerant, liberal, live and let live, but God forbid they see two guys kissing in public. They are completely ok with lesbians and gay people, but the "sex scene" in brokeback mountain was much too graphic. I mean, really? Double standard anyone?

Have I told you that the kite runner is PG-12 or something and there's a "gay" rape scene of a child by a gang of older kids, a scene which brought forth a crying fit when I read it. But brokeback mountain is R rated, because there's two consenting gay guys having sex (and you really don't see anything, because that's not the point.

The thing is that being gay is ok in our culture, if it's the cute kind of gay. The Adam Lambert nail polish, Jack in Will&Grace kind of fun gay. Decorating, musical loving, hair dresser gay. That's acceptable, because it's not dangerous. The other (the real) kind of gay, that's always a bit dangerous, that has to do with sex, that's still not ok.

Sorry, ranting. I have just encountered too much of this behavior to stay calm.

I had 7293 things more to talk about, but I can't really keep my eyes open. And I'm seeing lights, which is a bit odd, because normally that happens when I drink to much tea or coffee.

Goodnight, take care, have a great today and an even better tomorrow.

Lyrics of the day: Your song by Elton John.

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

1 comment:

loveacrosstheocean said...

I completely agree with your depiction of the levels it's "okay" to show gayness in media and culture. Very good post : )