Thursday 1 January 2009

2008 - part II/II

It's January 1st 2009... I always need weeks to get accustomed to the new year. It's freezing outside. The flowers and leaves crumble. The fog freezes in the air and settles on everything. I on the other hand always feel unsettled in the beginning of the new year. I think it's because I never accomplish everything I set out to do. I have actually done quite a lot of things last year, but you can't really force some things to happen, now can you.

2008 was a year of quite some firsts for me. I learned a lot. Mostly about myself, but also about others and the world around me. Not everything was pleasant mind you... but necessary probably.

There are many things we have to experience in this life. Experience and live through them. Learn from them.

Most of those things are very personal and let's face it, a blog is probably not the right place for them ;)
But one thing I learned this past year is this: If we don't allow ourselves to feel, we might as well be dead.

No comments: