Friday 29 May 2009

The shocking view from the mountain top

I had a very freightening experience today. From the outside, you couldn't see anything out of the ordinary... I was sitting in front of my laptop, headplugs in, staring at the screen. What actually happened was this and I will try to recreate my actions here:

- I was on YouTube (I know... I should have been working, but hey I don't smoke so I take YT breaks) and watching Taylor Swifts video to You belong with me. I know, don't judge me and believe me, it gets worse.
- I saw the cute guy in the music video and thought... didn't he play in the HM movie (which I haven't seen. Honestly)? And of course he was, I'm rarely wrong, when things like that are concerned.
- I went to see the trailer for the HM movie.
- I read something in the comments below the trailer about the song "The climb"
- I remembered Miley singing this song dreadfully on American Idol
- I laughed
- I looked up "The climb" on YouTube
- I watched the official music video
- I cringed at the awful quality of the video (especially considering that I had just seen the masterpiece that is Lady GaGa's video to Paparazzi. I mean, hello?)
- I looked at Miley and listened to her and...
-... she got to me.

There was a definite moment when she was singing about there will always be another mountain, blabla *insert random christian rock lyric here* when I felt so moved and inspired. In that moment I was actually moved to do something, to accomplish something in my life, to use my talents to achieve something greater than myself (when usually I only want to nap and people to give money to me).

I know that I can be influenced easily by music, moved into every direction... but this was shocking. Miley Cyrus for Pete's sake. Miley Cyrus...

You can probably tell that this is still haunting me, but what can you do.

Final thought: Maybe Miley is talented after all. *goes off in shame to watch the video again*

Lyrics of the day: A Pensieve Full of Unrequited Love by The Mudbloods, which unfolds it's beauty only to Harry Potter fans, I'm afraid.

I would spy
on you during playtime.
You would fly
From the swing into the sky.
Make a turn
Land with both feet on the ground.
So I told you
how you do this.
That's when I knew
This is my wish.
For you

I wish you peace and love and happiness in everything you do.
Afraid that everywhere you go someone will be in love with you.
And I know that if you'd stay within these loving arms of mine,
That every single one of these dreams would come true.

You outgrew me,
had a baby.
There's a prophecy.
Says you may have birthed the one
who'll defeat him
He who'll not be named.
So I beg him
And ask how/all this the same
Please protect her,

I wish you peace and love and happiness in everything you do.
I pray that everywhere you go someone will be in love with you.
And I know that if you stay within these loving arms of mine,
That every single one of these dreams will come true.

As I lay here,
blood rushing out of my head,
give my memories
to a boy with scar on head.
Your son
Protected him since he was young
And as I'm dying,
I look for one last time.
Into this face,
and into your eyes

I wish you peace and love and happiness in everything you do.
I pray that everywhere you go someone will be in love with you.
And I know that if you'd stay within these loving arms of mine,
That every single one of these dreams would come true.

No comments: