Sunday 24 August 2008

A cloudy day. Yay :)

I'm doing one of my favourite things in the whole world... I'm sitting in my room in the sun, looking at that exact sky you see in the pic, it's Sunday morning, I drink hot peach tea, read (John Green's Looking for Alaska), and listen to music (Every time - The Radio Dept.).

Looking at the sky could actually be considered my hobby, as I really do it a lot. It helps me think and it makes me happy.

I can't really explain it, but reading for me is like a power infusion for my brain. I can actually feel my thoughts branching out in more than one direction at the same time. To say that I enjoy reading would be like saying dogs enjoy being petted - it's a given. However, I tend to read in spurts. Sometimes, I don't read a book for weeks and then I read several in one week...

I don't know how my (non-existent) readers feel about their future, but I sometimes think that I can catch a glimpse of it in the skies I observe. Just like life, the clouds move and change, they get illuminated by the sun when they glide by, they block the sun and moon in exchange for getting set in a divine corona of light... they even interact, circle around each other, melt and become one, drift upward and change shapes. Looking at that dance makes me see the life down here from a different perspective, in a different light.

No comments: