Friday 29 August 2008

Ah, linger on, thou art so fair! (Verweile doch, Du bist so schön)

It is in moments like this that life is happening... 

When I took this rather crappy picture with my ancient cell phone, I was at a festival with my bff Doris in 2005. It had been raining a lot, but in the evening the sky got clear.

When the bands came up that we wanted to see, the weather was great. It was August and a warm summer's night. The people were so happy that it had stopped raining, they were frantic when the bands played. I stood on a little hill besides the masses and saved this moment in my memory. I also took some pictures, just to be on the safe side memory-wise ;)

We had backstage passes, which saved us quite some trouble concerning rain, general wetness and many people wanting to get to one point at the same time... it was grand. Honestly.

Oh, btw the bands I enjoyed there were Slut, Mando Diao, and Teitur.

I just wanted to tell you that this is what it's about. Being somewhere with people that you love, doing something you enjoy (even if it's "only" their company and no activity in particular). Appealing surroundings help, of course.

No comments: