Thursday 28 August 2008

I'm a people person... yeah. Not so much.

There are days when you ask yourself in the end: What did I actually accomplish today?

Well... today I have to dig quite deep in that regard. I didn't achieve too much at work, I surfed YouTube for too long after I got home...

...but I met 2 nice persons online (Shoutout to Kayleebob and Nicole :P) and isn't this enough? A big part of life consists of meeting various people. Connecting with others through whatever medium we see fit. 

In principle, I like meeting new people, because I always find that I can learn something from them. It always astonishes me how many people are out there... I mean, I know that there are over 6.6 billion people on this earth, but that's a number I cannot fathom. Like - at all. 

But sometimes I grasp it a little bit and especially when I meet new people. Nice people, creepy people, crazy people, kind people, etcpp. There are millions of people in every of those categories and getting to know them excites me quite a bit. Maybe not the creepy people...

For the record: I'm shy and awkward and dorky and I'm not very good at meeting new people. Doesn't mean I don't like it though :)

Let me cite the song "For Good" from Wicked:

I've heard it said
that people come into our lives for a reason,
bringing something we must learn.

And we are lead to those, who help us most to grow,
if we let them and we help them in return...

No comments: