Tuesday 21 April 2009

BEDA 21 - Where nobody knows your name

I love my home. The sky outside my window, the moon and stars in familiar constellations. I have to admit that I'm not connected to the people here (aside from my family), but the hills and forests.

However, I have never felt more freedom than when I walked out of my hotel onto the street in Lisbon, Berlin, Tokyo, Kyoto, Dallas, Valetta, Porto, Paris, ... wherever I was. This moment when the door opens and you can smell a foreign city. See life that's different from your home. Where you can go anywhere and do whatever you want. Noone knows you. Noone judges you. It's the kind of freedom I never knew existed. Now I'm not the most frequent traveller. I don't go much on vacations (though I still plan to go diving this year!), but still... being in a foreign country elates me and fills me with joy.

This is a shorter blog post, because I just got home from my yoga course and only have about an hour before I go to bed. Take care, see you soon.

Lyrics of the day:

Sometimes is never quite enough

If you're flawless, then you'll win my love

Don't forget to win first place

Don't forget to keep that smile on your face

Be a good boy

Try a little harder

You've got to measure up

And make me prouder

How long before you screw it up

How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up

With everything I do for you

The least you can do is keep quiet

Be a good girl

You've gotta try a little harder

That simply wasn't good enough

To make us proud

I'll live for you

I'll make you what I never was

If you're the best, then maybe so am I

Compared to him compared to her

I'm doing this for your own damn good

You'll make up for what I blew

What's the problem ...... why are you crying

Be a good boy

Push a little farther now

That wasn't fast enough

To make us happy

We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect

No comments: