Saturday 7 March 2009

I love Paris in the springtime...

Words can hardly express the energy I felt in Paris. Mainly because I'm tired and English is my second language, after all... It felt to me like the city is buzzing... all these people are so un-apologetic. They do their thing and don't care what anyone thinks. Be it making music in the subway, walking down the Champs-Élysées, sitting in a restaurant wearing something right out of a comic book...

My few days there were exhausting to the point of no return, but I cherish them dearly. I spent some time with friends new and old, walking the streets of the freezing city that looks so warm and golden with all its lights. I laughed a lot and felt free for the first time in months. I always say that a lot of travelling is not for me, but strangely enough, I feel more alive when I'm in foreign cities. I even miss Texas, which is something I definitely would not have expected.

I'm in a weird state right now. I'm bursting with creativity, video ideas, abstract thoughts about manuscripts I have to write (for work) and want to write (for myself). On the other hand, my eyes are falling shut so I have to come back for some of it.

I have a crush on someone for the first time in... 9 months and my system doesn't really know how to handle feelings like that anymore. It feels nice though. Feeling something is always nice, even if it means making yourself vulnerable.

I think I have made great acquaintances (friends?) on the internet and maybe, just maybe some of you read this... so this is for you: <3

Goodnight, goodbye, till tomorrow. Sunday. The day of creativity, books, tea, and napping.

No comments: