Sunday 28 December 2008

From a distance we are instruments marching in a common band.

The year is ending and it's time for summaries... almost. We still have a couple of days. I have to work next week and I'm not one to celebrate new years too much. I don't know yet, if 2008 was my favourite year or not. More about that in a few days ;)
In other news: Xmas is over and I'm the most exhausted that I've been in months. Family stuff is always sucking the energy right out of me.
I feel like I have so much to blog about. Too much. When I sit down to write, I don't know where to start. Sometimes I write whole passages and then delete them, because I also don't know where to stop.
I have several journals, although I haven't written much into them in the last couple of months. Blogging is easier for me. I have actually made a Vlog about my different journals on my secondary YT account... but I have one very special journal. I only write into it once a year. When I come home from new years eve celebrations at... whatever time. 2am. 3am. 4am. I open this journal and I write an entry, writing about the year gone by. The hope I had and that got crushed (or not). The things I did that I'm proud of (or not). The things I would like to accomplish in the next year.
If I sit down and read what I've written in the last.... 7-8 years, I can see my path more clearly, even if I didn't see it at the time I wrote the entry. It's much like fashion. You look around and think "there is no 'fashion of the '00s like there was 'fashion of the 80ies, 90ies etc'" but there is. And in a decade you will see it. From a distance, things seem clearer. And more managable...

No comments: