Monday 22 December 2008

Report on life.


I don't know how much I still like blogger. Don't get me wrong, it's a very easy way to get your thoughts out there, but it lacks flexiblity somehow... I might migrate ;)

But I don't know yet how it will all work out.

I mean, who knows how things will work out :) 

Tonight, I talked to someone about the destructive nature of diaries. We came to the conclusion that all a diary does is remind you of the times gone by. Nothing bad about that. It doesn't, however, solve anything to write things down. It forces us to rethink them, that's true. But rethinking doesn't solve any problems. Trust me, I have tried to get myself in gear by the sheer power of thought. It doesn't work.

Like "Playing by heart" says "Talking about love is like dancing about architecture". The same here. Reading about meditation won't do you much good if you don't meditate. Writing about your problems won't do you much good, if you don't get off your ass and do something about it.

If you don't know yet what your problem really is - maybe rethinking is a good thing. If you're ready to put your thoughts into words, however, you're probably at the stage where actions speak louder than words.

All of this doesn't mean that I will abandon my diary. My Vlogs. Blogs. Etc. I'm in too deep to do that. I'm just saying that my life might be different today if I had spent more time living than writing/reading about living.

No comments: